Employee Enablement Best Practices
Engagement is not enough. Even the most talented, highly-motivated employees will not deliver without being provided the right tools
- Companies that excel in engagement grow 2.5 faster than organizations that do poorly. But companies that excel in both engagement and enablement grow 4.5 times faster than those that don’t.
- Companies that excel in both engagement and enablement exceed industry averages by 40 – 60% on five-year return on assets, return on investment, and return on equity.
- Companies that both engage and enable employees have turnover rates 54% lower than companies with low levels of engagement and enablement.
- Highly engaged and enabled employees are 50% more likely to outperform expectations.
Employee enablement is important. But, how do you keep employees focused and committed? How do you ensure enablement? What tools do you equip them with to ensure they can perform? What methods do you use to train and develop their skills? In this whitepaper, we will explore the value of employee enablement and suggest some best practices on how to achieve that.
Who is this for:
- HR Leaders
- Training Leaders
- Learning and Development Leaders
- Sales Leaders concerned about enablement