In industries with high employee-attrition rates, new employee onboarding is a regular affair. Traditional training like Classroom Training and OJT (on-the-job training) become cost, time, and effort-intensive activities. Taking the onboarding initiatives online in the form of eLearning helps you blend traditional training methods with a modern training approach, ensuring your onboarding initiatives are full of impact and not cost-intensive anymore.
Why traditional training alone cannot guarantee a successful onboarding?
- Costs of repeated training: Traditional training often includes costs of trainers, venue, time, and efforts. In organizations where onboarding is a regular affair, these repeated costs are a significant expense. Furthermore, the costs associated with onboarding an individual or a batch of employees is the same. This makes traditional training an inefficient method to follow in industries with a high attrition rate.
- Post-training assessment: Effectiveness of an onboarding activity is always measured through appropriate post-training assessments. Traditional training assessments rely on handwritten answers, multiple choice questions, and verbal answers to assess the learners. These methods of assessment are outdated. Modern eLearning assessments allow trainers to identify areas for improvement and provide further training.
- Accuracy of information: As traditional training relies on repeated onboarding every time a batch of new employees join, there is a possibility of variations in training being provided since a human element (trainer) is involved. This results in non-standardized information being passed throughout the organization.
- Availability of trainer: The date, time, venue, and duration of an onboarding activity is decided by the availability of a trainer. Organizations often place on hold the onboarding activities of entire batches owing to the unavailability of a trainer.
- Not Self-paced: Onboarding activities can sometimes be highly technical and complex based on the industry and nature of the organization. Self-paced onboarding allows new employees to completely understand a single topic before moving to another. This ensures maximum retention and mitigates the need for repeated onboarding.
How does eNyota improve your onboarding initiatives?
- Interactive and engaging courses: eNyota helps your organization create interactive and engaging onboarding courses, which increase the impact of the training provided and can be used repeatedly to train batches of new employees.
- Blend of eLearning and traditional training: By combining traditional training methods like OJT and classroom training with eNyota’s custom eLearning onboarding courses, your organization can achieve the perfect blend of training needed to ensure overall employee development.
- Simulations of onboarding initiatives: eNyota creates onboarding courses with a mix of animation and simulation, giving learners an immersive onboarding experience.
- Post-training assessments: eNyota’s onboarding courses come with post-training assessments aimed at identifying areas for improvement, and skill gaps. This ensures a well-rounded onboarding program.
- Cost-efficient: eLearning courses created by eNyota are engaging, interactive, and easy to understand. You can use these onboarding courses repeatedly to save costs of time, efforts, and money. Furthermore, these courses are self-paced, negating the need to keep retraining employees.
Are your employees getting trained on the go? Why not switch to mobile learning?