The hospitality industry demands a lot in terms of top-quality training, services, standards, attention to detail, compliance, and safety. It is an industry where continuous training and improvement sets apart regular businesses from the exceptional ones that are remembered and referred to as iconic establishments by patrons. Attention to detail plays a deciding role in guaranteeing a patrons return—warmly greeting customers, providing a great check-in experience, taking orders attentively, preparing and serving great food, kind and customer-friendly staff, etc., are all crucial.
Training and development can never cease to exist in this industry, as patrons expect increased excellence in service and maximized pleasure with each visit.
Why traditional training alone does not do much for the Hospitality Industry?
- Maintaining high standards: Since the hospitality industry caters to customers with food and staying options, there are standards and regulations that must be met to ensure practice of lawful business. Food and fire courses, and a multitude of other compliance courses, cannot be addressed through traditional training. There is a need for course completion training records to be documented and appropriate assessments be carried out, ensuring adherence to high standard.
- Understanding customer experience: In service-based industries such as hospitality, the key emphasis is on patrons having a pleasant experience. Traditional training can provide theoretical knowledge, but visualizing the factors that create a pleasant customer experience is not possible. This requires the added dimensions of eLearning.
- Regular On-boarding: The hospitality sector faces a high attrition rate. The need to effectively on-board new employees and train them on standards, practices, beliefs, and requirements is an ongoing and unavoidable process. Allotting trainers, spending on training venues, and the efforts required to facilitate regular on-boarding, all weigh heavily on an organization’s resources.
- Tracking compliance: Compliance training in the hospitality industry is a serious issue. If identified, organizations that provide little to no compliance training are subject to prosecution by law. With compliance being such an important topic, providing and tracking staff who have attended and successfully cleared compliance training is integral. Traditional training has limited scope in assessing an employee’s retention, even less so in tracking employees who avoid compliance training. Sexual harassment at the workplace, bias, or discrimination won’t merely create legal issues, but also PR nightmares in the glare of social media. Not training your staff in a timely manner or assessing them accurately is a dire risk to take.
How does eNyota improve your brand’s hospitality quotient?
- Custom Courses on service experience: Your training needs to reflect your brand’s approach towards the quality of your services. Whether you’re a premium hospitality brand or an economy brand, eNyota customizes its training to reflect your brand’s vision towards customer service and quality.
- Custom Courses on food service and safety: Whether you provide a complete menu or simple all-day breakfast services, eNyota can turn your signature menu, cuisine, and dining options into interactive courses.
- Compliance training that is not boring: Gone are the times when compliance courses were boring. eNyota has created engaging and informative compliance courses capable of delivering critical information about the law, while increasing employee awareness on various sensitive topics, thus making organizations compliance ready. Scenario or role-play driven eLearning courses do not simply teach team members about the law, but also allow them to test their knowledge in a simulated environment.
- Courses based on Job-Relevance: The hospitality industry comprises of people in multiple varied job roles working in tandem. eNyota creates individual courses which are relevant to specific jobs at hand. Whether it is front desk, reservations, customer support, house-keeping, maintenance, or sales, we can create custom courses to support all aspects of hospitality training. Where restaurant chains are concerned, whether you are training the front of the house or back of the house staff, custom learning paths can be created using a combination of eLearning and on-the-job task-based training.
- Reduced cost and efforts of regular on-boarding: eNyota helps you design and create on-boarding courses with maximum impact, saving you the time, efforts, and finances associated with traditional training. Furthermore, with on-demand training, you can avoid the risk of not training your staff or delaying training till a trainer is available or a batch can be scheduled.
- Improved service: Let eNyota create simulation-based courses which train your employees in adhering to your brands image while serving patrons and interacting with residents. Understanding the real-world implications of their actions in a simulated environment is a great way to train team members in service delivery.
Are your employees getting trained on the go? Why not switch to mobile learning?