Organization need rapid eLearning solutions and services for many reasons like:
Deploying quick training programs
However, one reason stands out. The ability to quickly train learners on urgent matters and deploy an able or trained working force is what makes a rapid eLearning solution or rather the rapid eLearning development process attractive to training and development professionals.
It’s also a great option for organizations looking to develop custom eLearning courses on tighter budgets and shorter development periods.
What is Rapid eLearning development, why choose rapid eLearning solutions, and how to get started!
What is rapid eLearning development?
According to the definition, rapid eLearning development is the process of building quick eLearning courses in a short and inexpensive duration. Instructional designers choose and place readily available learning objects or assets such as videos, slides, audio, images, and assessments, in a specific order to create an online course and deploy it for learners to access. Since the learning objects or assets are prebuilt or already available, the course development process is significantly simplified resulting in reduced costs of time, efforts, and money.
Subsequently, as a result of the rapid eLearning deployment, training is delivered to the intended audience on time while their need is very hot.
Another definition can be found in James Martin’s book on Rapid Application Development and RAD methodology where he describes rapid development as the best process for developing applications where user interface plays an important role, as is the case in eLearning. Also, graphical user interface building tools (eLearning authoring tools) are often called rapid application development tools.
Difference between rapid eLearning solutions and traditional eLearning solutions
- Rapid learning courses are built faster to deliver rapid training while the learner’s needs are hot. Traditional eLearning development takes longer to plan and execute keeping in mind future needs.
- Rapid learning is a solution for on-the-spot training situations. Traditional eLearning is built for prolonged training over a greater duration with larger goals in mind.
- Rapid learning has a shorter learning curve associated with it. Traditional eLearning has a longer learning curve associated with it keeping in mind larger goals.
- Rapid learning is cost-conscious. Traditional eLearning is comparatively cost-intensive.
As evident, rapid eLearning solutions and traditional eLearning development both have their own use-case, advantages, and USPs. A decision should be made on the basis of available budgets, resources, time, and needs.
Under no circumstance can either approach be termed as better than the other at a fundamental level since both are guided by their own principles.
Why choose rapid eLearning solutions and services?
Employing rapid eLearning solutions to solve your training needs is already proved to be advantageous. However, why do organizations employee rapid eLearning development?
Alongside the advantages of saving costs, efforts, and time, rapid eLearning solutions are employed to tackle real-world business challenges. Those challenges are:
- Training sales professionals on rapidly evolving customer needs and product developments
- Increasing the efficiency and output of employees working in highly dynamic work environments
- Addressing new compliance guidelines to account for rapid audits and checks
How does rapid eLearning development assist businesses in real-time?
Rapid eLearning courses assist businesses in multiple real-time scenarios. From delivering training on developing models to training team members and collecting user feedback, rapid eLearning solutions are packed with real-world uses. Here are some more:
- Develop and publish quick product manuals and online courses in the form of guides.
- Deliver training on new complex subjects with relative ease.
- Create virtual tours of your organization for onboarding purposes.
- Develop cost-friendly game-based assessments.
- Deploy training modules on new software, its application, and proper usage.
- Educate learners about changing guidelines.
- Create case studies with every new experience or findings.
How do you get started with rapid eLearning development? Who do you approach for rapid eLearning services?
The best way to get started is by determining ‘who will build these courses?’ Is it an in-house project or do budgets permit the outsourcing of the development process to professionals?
eLearning projects can be complicated even if it is based on the RAD model. Rapid eLearning development relies on rapid prototyping and working model tests.
Rapid eLearning development is most suitable when the time to develop and train employees is very less, hence, it’s advisable to let professionals handle the development process so that you don’t spend excessive time on R&D as a first-time developer.
The best way to start with rapid eLearning development is by:
Introducing a degree of user involvement
Understanding the RAD approach
Creating an outline of eLearning content
Outsourcing to developer teams or building inside if experienced
Selecting the right vendor for rapid eLearning development based on their approach
It is not always possible to have the time and the right budgets to invest in custom eLearning development. If you need something quick and easy to update without losing the essence of the content, finding a vendor that has pre-built development frameworks is a great place to start.
Design frameworks are a set of pre-built templates that can easily be customised to reflect your branding and reduce the time-to-market by 40%-50%. Not only is it cost-effective, but it also slices development time. Hence, a great option when training needs to be built in a jiffy.
Can we help you with rapid eLearning development?
Our team of designers have designed such frameworks in Storyline for rapid eLearning development. These frameworks host a set of UI designs you can select from as well as non-interactive, interactive, and question templates. You can also select from a set of inbuilt icons which helps reduce your graphic design time!
Our aim was to develop an easy to use yet strong and comprehensive templatized framework for rapid development. With a variety of customization options, you can make your training engaging and impactful!
Get in touch with us for your rapid eLearning needs!