Sales is a process consisting of dynamic variables such as changing products and services, customers, regions, and preferences. This makes regular training and easily available information two important tools that your organization’s sales force must have.
Exposure to new concepts of selling, improved negotiation skills, and ease in highlighting the benefits of a product or service, are the primary skills every salesperson needs, coupled with readily available information to help them make an effective sale. Traditional sales training relies heavily on a trainer-trainee scenario, where a trainer engages a group of learners to conduct the training. Post training, it is difficult to assess the effectiveness of the training provided as the art of sales is unique to each individual, and true assessment can only be carried out on a one-on-one basis.
eLearning allows your organization to create engaging sales courses with active assessments, where each individual can record their answers, and trainers can evaluate these answers on a one-on-one basis.
Why can’t traditional training match a modern sales force’s needs?
- Regular changes: Products, services, customers, and customer preferences undergo regular changes. In order for the sales personnel to stay updated on these changing elements, regular training which addresses these changes is required. Traditional training once given is usually never repeated. In situations where factors that affect sales keep changing, providing regular traditional training becomes uneconomical.
- Access to information: Due to the nature of sales, team members are often on the move, shuttling between appointments and meetings. With such busy schedules, it is tough for organizations to train their sales team members regularly. Furthermore, closing sales deals requires the team members to have access to information anytime, anywhere, even during a sales meeting. But, traditional training demands the presence of all sales team members at a central venue, and post training, it is up to the individuals to retain as much information as possible.
- Two-dimensional approach: Traditional training follows an outdated two-dimensional approach which includes lectures and assessments. eLearning follows a multidimensional approach to sales training, which includes lectures, videos, simulations, tests, and assessments to provide an all-rounded training experience. This is apt as selling is also a multidimensional process.
- Need for regular training: Traditional training cannot be repeated regularly due to the combined costs of time, effort, and finances. Sales is a function which requires regular training and assessment, keeping the sales team members updated and sharp. In situations such as these, maintaining a force of well-trained sales personnel using traditional methods becomes cost and efforts intensive.
- Comprehensive assessments: Traditional sales training assessments comprise one-on-one trainer and trainee interactions, or measuring actual improvement in sales figures post training. The former is a time-consuming method and cannot be repeated regularly, while the latter is unreliable as it cannot identify areas where the sales team members are lacking. Sales training requires accurate assessing tools which identify areas for improvement such as sales pitch, negotiation, product explanation, and sales emailing.
- Training resellers and channel partners: The sales force in an organization does not comprise internal sales team members alone. It also comprises resellers, distributors, and vendors who sell and promote an organization’s finished products. Training these channel partners is a complex and cost-intensive process as these parties may be geographically dispersed. Training may be required in multiple languages. Multi-language eLearning is more cost-effective than hiring trainers who speak different languages and can travel the world conducting the same training over and over again.
How does eNyota help train your sales force?
- Simulation-based training: eNyota understands the multidimensional nature of sales and has helped create simulation-based sales courses. These are aimed at outlining an ideal sales meeting with audio + video + assessment elements.
- Mobile-optimized courses: Sales courses are mobile-optimized by eNyota, allowing sales team members access to training content and product information, anytime, anywhere.
- Training resellers and channel partners: eNyota helps your organization create sales courses for resellers and channel partners, allowing them easy access to training content on your various products and services.
- Complete sales training: Let eNyota create a series of sales training courses ranging from sales pitching, essentials of negotiation, understanding products, and framing sales emails. All rounded sales training for a well-rounded sales team.
- Strong assessments: eNyota’s engaging courses are followed up with rigorous assessments, which learners use to test and improve themselves.
Time is money, and it is even more for sales employees. Provide them with training on the move through eLearning courses accessible on mobile phones. Sign up here today!